How It Works
Become an Ithaca College Traditions Keeper by completing the challenges listed below. The more challenges you complete, the more swag you'll get!
- Complete 5–10 challenges for a Traditions Keeper decal
- Complete 11–15 challenges for Traditions Keeper sunglasses
- Complete 16–20 challenges for a Traditions Keeper T-shirt
- Sign your class banner at the IC community picnic right after Convocation.
- Participate in your FYRE (First-Year Residential Experience) community kickoff during Fall Welcome.
- Sign up for at least one organization at the Student Organization Fair.
- Watch a film at FLEFF (Finger Lakes Environmental Film Festival).
- Ride TCAT downtown to visit the Boardman House, one of IC's first buildings.
- Register for a Service Saturday with the Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs (OSEMA).
- Drop by career services and find out all the ways you can network.
- Attend a FYRE event with your floor.
- Take a picture at the fountains with your friends.
- Attend an I Love IC Week event.
- Visit the Academic Advising Center.
- Discover a new kind of chili or apple at one of the downtown Ithaca festivals.
- Join the IC mentoring program.
- Experience an IC music school concert or IC Theatre production.
- Cheer on your favorite Bomber at a sporting event.
- Create an electronic portfolio to document your learning experiences.
- Catch an exhibition at the Handwerker Gallery.
- Hike in one of the beautiful gorges in the Ithaca area.
- Get seats for an a cappella show on campus.
- Dance with friends to the band at IC Kicks Back.
Document Your Progress
There are two ways to prove you've completed a tradition:
||Create a Facebook Album
|Collect pictures, ticket stubs, programs, or notes that prove you completed specific tradition challenges. At check-in, present
your items to receive credit.
||Take photos that prove you completed specific challenges. Create a Facebook album and title it "IC Traditions Challenge." Upload your photos, then tag Ithaca College STAT in each of them. At check-in, pull up your album and show us your pictures.
||If you want to collect items, such as ticket
stubs and programs, and also have an "IC Traditions Challenge"
Facebook album for your photos, that's great. At check-in, just present your items and your Facebook album.
You can show us your items or Facebook album on the following days. Look for the STAT table!
- Tuesday, November 10, 2015
Spirit Week's "Taste of Ithaca"
Mondo gym, Fitness Center
- Thursday, February 18, 2016
North foyer, Phillips Hall, Campus Center
11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Friday, May 6, 2016
IC Kicks Back
The Ithaca College Traditions Challenge is sponsored by Students Today Alumni Tomorrow
, the Ithaca College Alumni Association
, and the Office of the First-Year Experience